Urge your Senators to support the Bipartisan Primary Care and Health Workforce Act, a bill that would ensure that many of these workforce programs are able to continue.
The workforce problem facing dental practices in America continues to be a top priority for our profession. Many members wrote to their Senators in June to ask them to support important workforce programs that would expand the dental workforce pipeline and increase access to care. Now, ADA is asking you to urge your Senators to support the Bipartisan Primary Care and Health Workforce Act, a bill that would ensure that many of these workforce programs are able to continue.
Today, we are asking you to tell your Senators to support the Bipartisan Primary Care and Health Workforce Act, which would reauthorize a number of crucial priorities including:
- Action for Dental Health workforce grants directed towards programs for dentists and other dental professionals.
- Oral Health Training Programs, which support the dental faculty loan repayment program and residency training for general, pediatric, and public health dentists, as well as dental hygienists.
- The Teaching Health Center Graduate Medical Education (THCGME) Program, which helps communities train dentists in community-based settings with a focus on rural and underserved communities.
- The National Health Service Corps’ (NHSC) scholarships and loan repayment programs for health care workers, including dentists and dental hygienists, who serve in federally designated shortage areas.
- Community Health Centers, which serve a critical role in providing quality preventive and primary oral health care in underserved communities and populations.
Please email your Senators and ask them to support this bill. In doing so, they can ensure a robust provider network that will improve access to quality oral health care for patients nationwide.
Take Action Now